Minority Business Enterprise COVID Recovery Funding Opportunity
In partnership with the Minority Business Alliance of the Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce, the United Way of Greater Charlottesville is pleased to announce the FY2021 Minority Enterprise COVID Recovery grant opportunity.
Five $8,750 grants are available and will include a 5-year membership in the Minority Business Alliance. If the recipient is already a member of the Minority Business Alliance, the grant amount will be $10,000.
Applications must be submitted via the online application form no later than 5pm, Tuesday, September 15, 2020. Click here to apply.
- Minority-owned (see definition below*)
- Place of business and minority-owner residence must be located within Albemarle County or the City of Charlottesville
- In business for a minimum of 12 months
- Annual net revenues** less than $250,000; or,
- Annual net revenues less than $500,000 if employing at least 3 full-time positions
- Must be able to reasonably describe the impact of COVID-19 and how the business will use the funds
- Must be willing to provide a six-month report on how funds were used as described in the application, and a status update on the business. Preferably will provide statistical or financial information
- Must join the Minority Business Alliance. A five-year membership is provided to each grant recipient. If already a member, the grant amount will increase to $10,000.
- Must not be in the process of shutting down.
*Definition of Minority Business: Sole proprietorship or LLC, minority-owned. At least 51% owned by one or more minority individuals (African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, or Native American) who are United States citizens. Virginia Department of Small Business and Supplier Diversity
**Net revenues = gross revenues less cost of goods sold
Authorized Uses of Grant Funds:
- Advertising & promotion
- Accounts payable for eligible expenses no more than 30 days past due
- Another innovative purpose that supports small business as alternative sources of employment
Please share widely!