Retire to Charlottesville
According to 2019 rankings by Kiplinger, Charlottesville is the happiest place in the country to retire.
Charlottesville offers nationally recognized recreation, natural vistas & trails, dining, healthcare, championship college sports, academic excellence, lifelong learning, and convenient air, rail and highway access to the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, and East Coast.
Relocate America: Best Place to Relocate
Money: 100 Best Places to Live
Number One City for Retirement – Kiplinger.com
Travel 50 & Beyond: Top Ten Great Places to Retire
Kiplinger: Top Places to Retire
AARP: Top 10 Healthiest Places to Retire
Best Places to Retire, Black Enterprise
Golf Digest: Best Retirement City for Golfers
Chamber membership is available for retirees! We welcome your involvement, expertise, and perspective. Please select the "Sole Proprietor" option when you apply.
Questions? Contact the Chamber at 434.295.3141 or email@example.com.
- Jefferson Area Board for Aging (JABA)
- The Center
- Charlottesville Area Association of Realtors (CAAR)
- University of Virginia
- UVA Health
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute
- Sentara Martha Jefferson Hospital
- Center for Nonprofit Excellence
- Newcomers Club of Greater Charlottesville
- Aging in Place Business Network