New Member Checklist
Welcome to the Chamber! We’re excited to help you connect with new clients, customers, colleagues, and collaborators as we work together for a thriving business community. Below is a checklist of suggestions to help you get involved and make the most of your Chamber membership.
- Attend Chamber 101. This event is our orientation for new Chamber members, held every other month at the Chamber office. Check the calendar for upcoming dates.
- Read the Chamber newsletter. Look for Chamber News in your inbox every Thursday and special updates on Mondays. You can sign up for roundtable newsletters and update your preferences here. Questions? Not seeing your newsletters yet? Contact Ann Marie Hohenberger.
- Log in and explore the Members area. Manage your directory listing and member profile, find contact info for individual members, register for events and more.
- Sign up to attend Chamber events. Check the calendar for our monthly Let’s Connect (after-hours networking), monthly and quarterly roundtable meetings, member ribbon cuttings, and special events. You can register and pay online.
- Join a roundtable, council or committee. Meet and collaborate with colleagues in your industry through one of our volunteer-led affinity groups.
- Join Project Rebound. The Chamber is convening the business community to build an inclusive economic recovery. See how you can get involved.
- Connect with the Chamber and your fellow members on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube. Our social media channels keep you up to date on what’s going on at the Chamber and share news from our members. Tag us and share your business stories & accomplishments!
- Sign up for text reminders. Text LetsConnect, BWRT, or AiPBN to 71441.
- Review your marketing and sponsorship opportunities. We have a wide variety of options to fit your needs – from easy, free online promotions to top-tier annual sponsorships.
- Consider becoming a Partner In Trust. Our Partners In Trust program is a leadership circle whose members have the ability and desire to invest in the Chamber beyond the standard membership dues – to help us build the strongest, most collaborative and successful business community in the region.
- Review your Chamber directory listing. Our member directory receives 80 searches per day on average, looking for reputable local companies like yours. Add a short description of what you do and some keywords to help searchers find you. Check that your contact information is correct. Add a website URL, photos, and social network links. Not sure how? See Frequently Asked Questions for instructions.
- Share your news and events with the Chamber community. Upload your latest press release to the Member Newsroom, share an announcement in our weekly e-newsletter, or add your special events to the Chamber calendar. See Submit News for instructions.
- Submit a Chamber Spotlight. Let the Chamber community get to know you. See Submit News for instructions.
- Give a Member Monday Presentation. Build your reputation as an approachable expert in your field by sharing your expertise in a short lunch-hour talk. See Member Mondays for details.
Contact the Chamber
- Ask for assistance. We’d love to help you make the most of your membership. Contact our friendly staff by email anytime, give us a call at 434.295.3141, or make an appointment to visit our office at 209 5th St. NE, Charlottesville.