New Member Checklist
Welcome to the Chamber! We’re excited to help you connect with new clients, customers, colleagues, and collaborators as we work together for a thriving business community. Below is a checklist of suggestions to help you get involved and make the most of your Chamber membership.
- Review your Chamber directory listing. Our directory receives 80 searches per day on average, looking for reputable local companies like yours. Add a short description of what you do and some keywords to help searchers find you. Check that your contact information is correct. Add a website URL and social network links. Not sure how? See Frequently Asked Questions for instructions.
- Attend Chamber 101. This event is our orientation for new Chamber members, held every other month at the Chamber office. Check the calendar for upcoming dates.
- Read the Chamber newsletter. Look for Chamber News in your inbox every Thursday and special updates on Mondays. You can sign up for roundtable newsletters and update your preferences here. Questions? Not seeing your newsletters yet? Contact Ann Marie Hohenberger.
- Sign up to attend Chamber events. Check the calendar for our monthly Let’s Connect (after-hours networking), monthly and quarterly roundtable meetings, member ribbon cuttings, and special events. You can register and pay online.
- Join a roundtable, council or committee. Meet and collaborate with colleagues in your industry through one of our volunteer-led affinity groups.
- Review your marketing and sponsorship opportunities. We have a wide variety of options to fit your needs – from easy, free online promotions to top-tier annual sponsorships.
- Consider becoming a Partner In Trust. Our Partners In Trust program is a leadership circle whose members have the ability and desire to invest in the Chamber beyond the standard membership dues – to help us build the strongest, most collaborative and successful business community in the region.
- Connect with the Chamber and your fellow members on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube. Our social media channels keep you up to date on what’s going on at the Chamber and share news from our members. Tag us and share your business stories & accomplishments!
- Offer a Member to Member Deal. Encourage fellow Chamber members to visit your business and take advantage of your services.
- Share your news and events with the Chamber community. Upload your latest press release to the Member Newsroom and add your special events to the Chamber calendar. See Frequently Asked Questions for instructions.
- Add a Chamber membership badge to your website and your window. Contact the Chamber at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a .jpg membership badge for your website. Stop by our office to pick up your window sticker and proudly proclaim your membership!
- Ask for assistance. We’d love to help you make the most of your membership. Contact our friendly staff anytime, give us a call at 434.295.3141, or stop by our office at 209 5th St. NE, Charlottesville.