Nominations are now open for the Chamber's 2020 awards! Our awards this year will recognize the determination, innovation and collaborative spirit that carry our community through challenging times.
We look forward to presenting these awards at the Rebound Ball on December 2, 2020.
Anyone in the community is welcome to submit a nomination. No self-nominations, please. This year we will accept video nominations as an alternative to written submissions. Nominations for all four awards will be accepted until Wednesday, November 4, at 11:59pm.
Recognizes a person or business who has been instrumental in assisting other businesses during COVID-19.
- Lives and/or works in the Greater Charlottesville region
- Has demonstrated a sustained interest in the wellbeing of businesses other than their own
- Has actively engaged in efforts to help the business community recover from COVID-related issues
- Is regarded as a team player in times of crisis
Recognizes a company that has reimagined its products, services or market successfully as a result of COVID-19.
- Is located in the Greater Charlottesville region
- Has adapted its products and/or services in some way to adapt to a changing market
- Has developed promising new consumer opportunities during COVID
- Has identified solutions to new challenges, either internally or externally
Christopher Lee Small Business Person of the Year Award
Recognizes an outstanding business owner who has made a significant contribution to the success of their business and our Greater Charlottesville communities.
- Is an active owner or co-owner of a Charlottesville area business with 50 or fewer employees
- Is a member in good standing of the Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Has been in business for three years or longer
Chamber Business Leader of the Year Award
Recognizes outstanding citizen contributions to our Greater Charlottesville communities.
- Has given of his or her time freely to community and civic affairs
- Has contributed significantly to the direction and success of our Greater Charlottesville region through sound business or professional practice
- Has inspired others through his or her actions
- Lives or lived in the Greater Charlottesville region